How To Get Dental Leads On Facebook
It used to be that Google Ads was the primary online advertising medium for generating new dental patients. In fact, many would say that it was the only ad network that would get you a good bang for your buck online.
To be more specific, across the 100+ dental offices that we manage ads for on Google Ads, most offices can generate a new patient for between $75 – $200. And, for most dental offices, that is a great price to pay to get new patients in the door.
But, now for the first time, we are seeing dental offices drive more leads and patients via Facebook than Google. The reason for this is simple. The right campaign can drive new patients for as low as around $10.
This is no knock on Google. Google is still a fantastic lead source with a great ROI. However, Facebook has a few advantages over Google, including:
- Lower Cost Per Click
- Larger Ads
- Picture & Video Ads
- Social Proof
- Comments & Shares
- Event-Based Campaigns
Some of the top Facebook campaigns that we have created for our dental office clients have received over a 30,000% ROI. What does that mean in layman’s terms? It means that you spent a few hundred bucks and made six figures in revenue.
How is this even possible? The best campaigns that we have seen are typically tied to an event. Examples of this would be:
- Grand Opening
- Dental Day
- Ortho Day
- Invisalign Day
- Family Day
People love event-based advertising. They love parties, concerts, and anything that has a deadline or expiration date to it.
But, here’s the great thing. Once you find an event-based advertisement that work well for you, you can make it “evergreen” so that it never really ends. True, you might have to make sure the ad is showing to new, unique people, and you may need to rotate out the date that event ends or occurs, but once you find an offer that has a great ROI, you don’t have to wait 6-12 months to run it again.
Also, once you find some really good offers and events that convert well for you, it will open your eyes as far as understanding what really works and what doesn’t. Here are a few tips of things that we have found help:
- Pictures are very important. The better the picture, the lower the Cost Per Lead.
- Use a small radius for your targeting. We recommend between 5-10 miles in most cases.
- Don’t use large budgets. Usually between $200-$400 / mo. for a single location will suffice. If you spend much more than this, you will exhaust your audiences.
- Rotate your offers. A healthy lifetime for many offers is 1-12 months.
- Turn off ads that have a higher Cost Per Lead.
- Use emojis in your ads.
- Make your ads easy to read with bullet points.
- Remember, most Facebook leads come in the form on web form submissions, not phone calls. So your office managers will need to call these people quickly after they express interest in your offer.
Does all of this sound good, but you don’t want to do it yourself? No worries. Our agency is not super expensive, and we know what we’re doing. Feel free to reach out!